Each piece of paper held a saying, or short poem, or an inspirations quote, so every day Sam can reach into the jar and read something of value. Some he has kept because they meant something particular to him but most we throw out.
Every day though we have something to look forward to and reflect upon. We usually discuss the meaning behind a saying or the person who made the quote. This is a simple way for our family to keep communicating with one another.
I thought I would create my own online jar of sorts and share my favourite 365 quotes with you. I am also hoping to compile the list so that I can create wisdom jars as Christmas presents for friends this year. Our family has gained so much enjoyment out of this jar that I know others will as well.
So from now until the week before Christmas, there are 14 weeks, that mean I have to write down 26 quotes a week to have the 365 that I need.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
- You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Anonymous
- Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Robert J. Hanlon
- "You can complain because roses have thorns. Or you can rejoice that thorns have roses." - Ziggy
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them. - Mother Teresa
- Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
- Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. Irving Berlin
- A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore - Yogi Berra
- Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year. -Franklin Pierce Adams
- Music is the space between the notes -Claude Debussy
- Although human subtlety makes a variety of inventions by different means to the same end, it will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple, or more direct than does nature, because in her inventions nothing is lacking, and nothing is superfluous -Leonardo DaVinci
- When you come to a roadblock, take a detour. Mary Kay Ash
- Men stumble over pebbles, never over mountains Emilie Cady
- "Fortune favors the bold."- Juvenal
- I got a simple rule about everybody. If you don't treat me right -- shame on you! - Louis Armstrong
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. -Confucius
- There is nothing certain, but the uncertain. - Proverb
- The future comes one day at a time. - Dean Acheson
- Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box - Italian Proverb
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. ~Woody Allen
- Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power—William James.
- Being defeated is often temporary, giving up makes it permanent. -Marilyn von Savant
- Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back - John Mayer
- All glory comes from daring to begin. - Anonymous
- A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali
- Stumbling is not falling. - Proverb
- One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know - Groucho Marx