Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things to Do, Things to learn Thursday

I have started a list of things I want to do and things I want to learn.

So I thought I would post one thing from the list every Thursday.  All part of my accountability.

This week it is writing a children's book

This past weekend  we went to Word on the Street http://www.thewordonthestreet.ca/wots/ in support of our friend Michelle who has just stated her own publishing company well-read http://www.well-read.ca/well-read/Welcome.html

While there Sam my 11 year old son got inspired to write his own book and have Michelle publish it.  My son is truly an inspiring person.  For the past two days he has been writing in his journal story ideas, coming up with characters he would like to write about and getting down on paper the basics of a story idea.  I have no doubt that within the year I will be showcasing his book on this blog.

Sam has inspired me to write my own book.  Although he and I have been working on a cookbook for a while now, I thought I would take some time out to work on a book idea that I have had for a while but never thought about doing anything about.  Why not?  Fear, not enough time, I'm not good enough, all of the same excuses that keep most people from doing the things they really want to do.  Like me starting this blog, sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet.

So I have started a children's book and have given myself a goal to be completed by Christmas so I can give it out as gifts to friends with young children.  I will also see if I can put it into an ebook format so that I can put it up on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment