Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Review - The Minimalist Cleaning Method

Review - The Minimalist Cleaning Method
Annie Jean Brewer
http://annienygma.com/
$9.95


This was a good read. To me this book was divided into 4 parts, the introduction, the recipes, the cleaning method and a discussion on minimalism.




What I liked first off in this book was that Annie has an 11 year old daughter, so I can easily relate to that. The minimalist motto is “A place for everything and everything in its place”. Prevention is key to keeping a clean house.  I also believe that this is the main priority to maintaining a clean house.  Everything has to have it’s proper place, if it doesn’t have a place then get rid of it, if you don’t use it regularly get rid of it.  The accumulation of stuff is what is keep me from having the clean and tidy house that I have always wanted.

The next section of the book is totally worth the price tag.  Annie gives recipes for cleaning supplies.  Everything from all purpose cleaners to hair cleansers, it is all there and many different recipes for the few cleansers. Very helpful


Annie’s cleaning techniques are very simple and frankly just plain common sense. But sometimes it is important for someone outside of your home to say the simplest things to you when you are lost in a sea of clutter.  The smack in the forehead and the following words ‘why didn’t I think of that’ is what I need to get me motivated enough to change the way I’ve done things for years.

Annie’s perspective on minimalism is close to mine.  Simplicity is the key.  Less stuff means more happiness and a greater peace of mind.

I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment