Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bathroom Renovation

Day 10

Progress has been slow. Not much work has been done that can be seen.  Once the walls were down the electrician visited, the dry wall guy visited, the stair guy visited. Some walls had wiring strung and more fixtures were delivered.

But today the wall to the bathroom was removed as well as the tub and the sink and the lath and plaster was removed from the south wall. There are holes in the walls and the floor but again the mess is minimal.  It makes me wonder if these guys clean up at home as well as they clean up my house.  Probably not.

The bathtub ended up in the hallway because it was too difficult for two men to remove.  A four hundred pound claw foot tub can not be strapped on someones back and taken down the stairs.  I am a little doubtful that it can even fit down the stairs.

I will miss my claw foot tub.  But sacrifices have to be made and I said I will gladly make the sacrifice if when we renovate the basement I get a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment