Friday, November 12, 2010

Wisdom Jar 9 and 10

Two weeks of quotes again because I missed last week.  The second batch are all by Groucho Marx.
  1. Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.- Maurice Setter
  2. I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.- JD Salinger
  3. Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still.- Chinese Proverb
  4. There is more to life than increasing its speed.” - Mohandas K. Gandhi
  5. “Your sanity should never become the sacrificial lamb for your success.” – Kim Kotecki
  6. Success without life balance is like a house of cards. It doesn’t take much to knock it all to smithereens.  Kim Kotecki
  7. Man is the head of the family, woman the neck that turns the head. -Chinese Proverb
  8. To be an ideal guest, stay at home. -Edward W. Howe
  9. It’s never too late to be what you might have been – George Eliot
  10. You can succeed at almost anything for which you have limitless enthusiasm. The world belongs to the enthusiastic – John Mason
  11. If you don’t pay attention to the stuff that makes its way into your life, that stuff will eventually take over your life.”
  12. A ship in the harbor is safe. But that's not what ships are built for. - Anonymous
  13. Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. - Chinese Proverb
  14. "Life moves pretty fast - if you don't stop and look around once and awhile you could miss it." Ferris Beuller
  15. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have. ~ Thomas Edison
  16. ‘Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.’ ~Albert Einstein
  17. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could...- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  18. The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.- Swedish proverb
  19. Wisdom has two parts; having lots to say and not saying it -- Anonymous
  20. Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold. - Maurice Setter
  21. Pay attention when an old dog is barking.- Old Proverb
  22. Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity - Anonymous
  23. shy children get nothing - Old Proverb
  24. “The finest clothing made is a person’s skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this.” Mark Twain
  25. “Workers of the world, arise! You have nothing to lose but your chairs” anonymous
  26. Commitment, you’re either in or you’re out.  There is no such thing as life in between. anonymous

 
  1. I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book
  2. I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it
  3. Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women
  4. Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic? A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog.”
  5. Women should be obscene and not heard.”
  6. Don't look now, but there's one too many in this room and I think it's you”
  7. Money will not make you happy, and happy will not make you money”
  8. Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
  9. I cannot say that I do not disagree with you
  10. A man's only as old as the woman he feels
  11. Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies
  12. I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member
  13. I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.”
  14. Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.”
  15. Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.”
  16. I intend to live forever, or die trying.”
  17. Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you.”
  18. There is no sweeter sound than the crumbling of your fellow man”
  19. I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are”
  20. Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.”
  21. A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five
  22. Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
  23. I would horsewhip you if I had a horse.
  24. I'd dance with you until the cows came home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows until you came home.
  25. Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
  26. What's a thousand dollars? Mere chicken feed. A poultry matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment