Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Renovations a week later.

Well it has been an eventful week to say the least.

The plumber was in and hooked up the plumbing in the bathroom.  Not knowing the water was turned back on, I was awakened at 4:00 in the morning with the sound of spurting water and it was not the rain outside.  I searched around the basement for the shutoff valve and was able to stop the flood going into the dining room, cleaned up the water and assessed the damage.  Thankfully I was at home that night, or there would have been massive damages to the dining room.

I had to sleep away from the house one night because the stairs were being replaced and there was a huge hole where the stairs used to be.

I was woken up very early one morning by the drywall guy coming into the house, not realizing there was someone home and the alarm was on.  All I can say is I am glad I wear pajamas.  When he came back two days later at least he knocked and I am still glad I wear pajamas.

I have to admit, I finally had a breakdown this morning.  After handling the disarray for six weeks, I finally had enough this morning and cried.  I am sure it happens to everyone. Another day of no progress, another day of no toilet in the bathroom but a toilet in a box in my dining room and I have had enough.  I am at the point where I just want the whole thing over with.  As I write this the pain and frustration has been fading a bit, but a sense of exhaustion is lingering.

No comments:

Post a Comment