Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom Jar final week

I can't believe I actually got 365 quotes.  I don't think I have any duplicates, but the folks I am giving these to as a present will certainly let me know if I do, although there are some that I could have duplicated about 30 quotes and they never would have known.  I have a diverse group of friends.

Just getting over the stomach flue and I am leaving for Florida on the weekend.  It has been an insane week and month so far.  I am so looking forward to some down time.

  1. people, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone. - Audrey Hepburn
  2. At one point or another in our lives, we’re going to fail at something. The more risks you take, the more chances you’ll have at failing.  -Steve Kamb
  3. Thomas Edison failed with 1,000 different filaments before finally perfecting the light bulb. Fortunately, he took each failure as “one more thing that didn’t work” so he could move onto the next thing. - Steve Kamb
  4. “Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.” -Henry Wheeler Shaw
  5. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams
  6. How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. -- Annie Dillard
  7. When things go wrong don't go with them. - Elvis Presley, rock idol
  8. “We all live in suspense, from day to day, from hour to hour; in other words, we are the hero of our own story.” ~Mary McCarthy
  9. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. - John Lennon
  10. The more I see the less I know for sure.  John Lennon
  11. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.  ~Henry Ford
  12. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.  ~Edmund Hillary
  13. The important thing is not to stop questioning.  ~Albert Einstein
  14. The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.  ~Author Unknown
  15. You don't have to brush your teeth - just the ones you want to keep.  ~Author Unknown
  16. You know, by the time you reach my age, you've made plenty of mistakes if you've lived your life properly.” Ronald Regan
  17. Conceal a flaw, and the world will imagine the worst ~  Marcus Aurelius
  18. Everyone is gifted - but some people never open their package - Author Unknown
  19. Bad Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables. Spanish Proverb
  20. If speaking is silver, then listening is gold. ~ Turkish Proverb
  21. To lengthen your life, shorten your meals. ~ Unknown
  22. Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow ~  Swedish Proverb
  23. Trouble is to man what rust is to iron  ~ Yiddish Proverb
  24. Fools and obstinate men make rich lawyers. ~ Spanish Proverb
  25. Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet ~ African Proverb
  26. I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it. - Harry Emerson Fosdick

No comments:

Post a Comment